Follow my YouTube videos for details of the full build guide for my Mini NES project.
The guide is under construction and will have new content added regularly until there's a full step-by-step series.
I haven't done anything like this before. Initially when I built my Mini NES, I only made one, for me.
It's because of the great positive response my project's gotten that I'm making this guide, any feedback will be gratefully received, you can contact me on this blog, Twitter, or even a comment on my YouTube videos (I try to read as many as I can.)
The NESPi Electronics Kit:
I've designed the kit, ordered the PCBs and components and they should arrive in a few weeks time.
The kit is fully plug and play and doesn't require any soldering. There will be a step-by-step assembly guide and video as soon as I get my hands on the circuit boards.
In the meantime I will open this page for limited pre-orders of the first batch of kits, estimated to be ready in 4 weeks, depending on the shipping from China.
The 'barebones' kit will contain:
- NFC reader and power management board
- Front 'NES' buttons and LED indicator
- Front Dual USB extension ports
- All internal cables required for assembly with no soldering required
- 3 x Blank Re-Writable NFC tags
- 1 x cartridge mechanism latch
- Heatsink and 25mm Fan (recommended for cases printed in PLA)
To complete your build you'll also need to buy separately:
- Raspberry Pi 3B
- 8GB+ micro SD card
- 5V 2A USB power supply and micro USB cable
- 3D printed case parts (available here)
- Superglue, small Phillips screwdriver
DIY Parts List:
I will write a 'DIY' guide for those who want to build thier own circuit, this will be published after the 'kit' guide is complete. If you're building your own and want to start buying your parts, please consider using my Amazon affiliate links here.
(pre)Order an Electronics Kit:
First Batch SOLD OUT!
Batch Two SOLD OUT!
Batch Three SOLD OUT!
Batch Four SOLD OUT!
Batch Five SOLD OUT!
Thank You, please make any suggestions in the comments here or on my YouTube page.